Join the Volunteer Task Force to make a difference
Do you want to get your feet wet with citizen science, engage your community in the conservation conversation, or get your hands dirty protecting the Upper Gallatin River Watershed?
Join the Volunteer Task Force to make a measurable difference in water quality in your community. From Yellowstone National Park to the mouth of Gallatin Canyon, the river needs you help!
What does the Volunteer Task Force do?
The Volunteer Task Force is involved in all aspects of the organization. From assessing and tracking the health of the Upper Gallatin River Watershed during our quarterly monitoring events to planning and implementing the Gallatin River Fly Fishing Festival, volunteers are active in very season. This year, we’re working hard to expand our volunteer offerings to ensure there is a project for everyone. So, grab a pick, pencil, or water quality monitoring probe and join the team today.
- Quarterly Water Quality Monitoring Events
- Streamflow Assessments
- Macroinvertebrate Collection
- Pebble Counts
Outreach & Environmental Education
- Big Sky Farmer’s Market Booth Outreach
- Gallatin River Fly Fishing Festival Planning and Implementation
- Wild & Scenic Advocacy
- Great Gallatin Pedal, Paddle, Run-Off
Conservation and Restoration Projects
- Willow Harvesting and Planting
- Stormwater Conservation Garden Weeding and Maintenance
- Annual River Clean-Up
- Interpretive Sign Installation along the Gallatin River Corridor
If you have special skills and interest in becoming a recurring volunteer, contact us!
Why should I join the Volunteer Task Force?
Why should you join the Task Force?
- Give back to the river we all love
- Build real-world skills for your resume
- Fulfill school or other service requirements
- Meet amazing new friends
- Have a great time
Apply to be a part of the Task Force today or contact email@example.com with questions, to learn about upcoming projects, or to sign up for the volunteer email list. Take our volunteer survey to help us improve our program.